On Thursday night I went to the Zurb conference with speaker
Matt Kelly. I found his talk very interesting. I really enjoyed his
introduction when he asked all of us to go to the website that he projected.
Then he asked which animal each of us was seeing on our screens. I really liked
how he used that demonstration to show that there are many different ways to
view content – on a mobile phone (with many different sizes and resolutions),
on a tablet, or on a desktop/laptop screen.
I found it very interesting that there are 10 mobile devices
for every one person on Earth – that means there are more mobile devices
present than people. I did not know that it was this big of a number.
He explained what responsive design was and what works and
doesn’t work about it. He also talked about what’s great and not great about
it.
Then he went on to talk about a case study and the process
that his team went through. The process comprised of: Define, Ideate,
Prototype, Build, and Analyze.
What I really enjoyed about his talk was comparing what he
was talking about to what we are doing in class. He mentioned Mobile First,
which we are reading for class. And he talked about wireframes which we are
creating in our Intro to Experience class.
No comments:
Post a Comment