Monday, September 23, 2013

Week 5A

Today in class we had a critique on our rough sketches.
This was some of the feedback I got:

  • use the red and pink color as highlights and not whole page spreads
  • possibly create a mascot for the diet
  • create the stories on recipe cards
  • research other types of strawberries (other colors)
  • do not use straight photographs 
Personally, a lot of the suggestions I got today I do not agree with and do not want to use them. I do like the idea of using the colors as highlights and not spreads. I also thought the idea of recipe cards was creative but don't know if that's what I want to do. I do not want to create a mascot because this is a serious magazine and topic/story. I do not want to add cartoons to add humor. I also don't want to base my story off of weird colored strawberries. Strawberries are known to be red and that is what is used in strawberry shortcake. I want to stick with the color and type of strawberries that everyone knows. I am okay with the suggestion of not using photographs. At first I was dead set on it and that's what I wanted to do but the more I thought about it the more I began to shy away from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment